Friday, November 28, 2008

Check your penis at the door...


That should be posted on all movies made by Pixar. I don't mean this in a bad way; I'm not saying only girls should watch the greatness that is computer animated movies. What I am saying that traditionally us guys are not allowed to show any feelings but the brain dead ones attributed to all males throughout the world. Which is why guys get ragged on if they like say...oh I don't know...Pride & Prejudice. But I digress.

Now I admit I get choked up in certain movies, ie Armaggedon, and during sporting events,GO 49ERS! But somehow Pixar hits a nerve with me everytime now. I was reminded of their power this week while watching Wall-e with my son. Even if you don't have kids you should watch this movie. It is one of the best and most powerful love story I've seen in cinema...wow that sounds gay. Anyway, I found myself watching the movie with a dumb grin on my face as I see the love grow between 2 things that should not have feelings...robots of course. Now there are other things going on in the movie, attack on big business, pollution, obesity, etc...but once you get down to it, once the layers are pulled away...you have a love story.

I noticed the strength of Pixar after Hunter was born. I enjoyed Toy Story and Monsters Inc, but they were just movies at the time. I watched Finding Nemo on DVD into the first year of my son's life. And while I enjoyed the movie for all its humor and great story, I connected big time with the fear and do anything attitude Nemo's father displays in his quest to get his son. I remember feeling silly as I teared up at the end, my son in my arms, thinking how I too would be that one minded if anything happened to my son.

So I remembered this fondly as Wall-e ended and I thought how luck I was to have found my EVE, for those not in the know that is the robot Wall-e falls for. And I feel kind of silly because I'm not sure I'm telling her that enough lately. She was giving me a hard time for titling this "Lasagna for One", but for the record it's for "one" because we are sharing the plate(cutting costs)...love you honey.

If I didn't lose my pick up ticket, I need to get my penis back. I'll have to go watch a big blow up movie or something funny and brain dead. Hope my man card won't be revoked for this...

No comments: