Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dawn of a new age...

Or is it? Will we get the change we've been promised or has another politician won simply because he wasn't associated with the reigning party. I will be honest and tell you that I voted for McCain. I will also tell you I lean towards all things Republican and have trouble trusting or even believing anything the Democrats have to say.

That being said, I would be a liar if I did not say the Obama's acceptance speech did not move me; That for the first time since I started to pay attention, during the debates, Obama actually showed what a skillful and powerful speaker he really is. I found myself hoping that what he was saying was what he had meant to say all along. I know in the 2 debates/town meetings, I felt just like I did when I watched Kerry 4 years ago...the Democrat is lying to me.

I felt unease as I looked at his record and saw that of the 4 canadates, Presidential and Vice Presidental, Obama has the least experience. I was uneased by Obama's links to known radicals, terrorists, and American haters...most notably of "white" america. If McCain was known to hang out with members of the KKK, the entire Rebublican party would distance and he wouldn't have been able to sniff a chance at the Presidency. Funny how we've gotten to the point that racism is unexceptable...unless it's against white people. I know terrible things happened in the past and it should never be forgotten...but hate is hate and should be unacceptable no matter the color of your skin...I digress(this is for another day)

However, it matters not. The people have spoken and they have gone with Obama and his message of change. I voted today not because I knew my choice would win, but because any complaints I have in the next 4 years are hollow if I did not vote. I think in the long run, McCain and Palin would have offered more change. I'm not sure Obama is ready to be the man in charge. I hope so, because times are tough and we have a long way to go to make this country great again. I hope his words tonight weren't hollow, meaningless, fluff he was spouting off from memory, but the beginnings of the change he promises.

Obama said he is hoping to earn the support of those that voted for McCain. His speach tonight was a good start. Let's hope he can back them up...

1 comment:

PlancksPost said...

So, we know he can deliver a wicked sermon, now let's see if he can deliver on what he has promised without royally f-ing us in the goat ass! It will be an interesting four years.