Saturday, November 15, 2008

For the love of God, make it stop...

I am in pain. It's the type of pain that started off as an ache and has graduated to a full blown owie. This because I was helping out a friend, seemed harmless enough, but I should have known better. I mean when a friend asks for a favor that involves hiding a body in the woods...wait different blog...I was asked to play softball on a co-ed team that needed more dudes. That is pretty weird because usually you need more chicks but whatever. I haven't played softball in nearly 15 years, but I've been exercising more lately so I thought no problem. I was more worried about reaction time and just remembering the 30 pages of rules that weren't enforced the last time I played.

Well #1 cold front came in last night. Oh and it decided to bring 30 mile per hour winds as well. It was cold, and I was miserable. Luckily once the game started it became tolerable. I played alright at first, caught most of the balls thrown to first. I was miserable at the plate: 1 walk, 1 force out, and thrown out at first. The sudden running to first, and the running of the bases has destroyed my creamy inner thighs and butt cheeks. They ache. And my right arm is dead, threw too much in warm up I guess, definetly wasn't in the game.

All in all I had a good time, and would help out again if needed. But I'm not sure it's worth it if I am going to ache like this. I think this proves one thing...I'm an old man.

1 comment:

PlancksPost said...

We're not getting too old for this shit! Say it with me, we're going to will it not to happen! WE'RE NOT GETTING TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!!!