Sunday, January 4, 2009

Week 1 in the bag

Well I'm glad I put "but I won't be surprised if Miami lays an egg-they might just be happy to have made it to the playoffs after sucking last year, after picking Miami. You can't survive turning the ball over against anyone, but definitely not Baltimore.

I thought Miami could win, because Baltimore was led by a Rookie at QB and that just spells trouble. Arizona proved it the night before when they took Atlanta out of their game plan and forced Matt Ryan, another rookie QB, to try and win the game. However, Baltimore never let Miami put them in a position to need a ton of big plays from Joe Flacco, the rookie from Delaware. Baltimore did what it does best, run the ball and stifle you with a tenacious defense. Miami did great this year, worst to Division winner, and with Big Bill around for another season I bet they will be even better. FYI Bill, get some more receivers...

Now I was right about Philadelphia being able to pressure the inexperienced Jackson of Minnesota. However I missed on the sack totals. He did make one major mistake when the pressure was on, his interception was returned for a touchdown and the momentum stayed with the eagles the rest of the way. After watching this game, I am wondering if the Eagles might not be this year's NY Giants. Hot at the end, playing their best ball and the whole world against them. Next week at the Giants will be a very interesting game.

No comments: