Saturday, January 17, 2009

Championship games - NFC

Well I'm going to throw it against the wall and see what sticks. This has been a crazy year and the fact that we might have two 6 seed teams in the Super Bowl shows how much the league has leveled out. It is no longer a handful of teams controlling the league each year, just get in the playoffs and you can go to the Super Bowl. I remember when having the bye week in the first week of the playoffs meant you had a 75% chance or better of winning the game the following week. Now it seems like a death wish, especially after 3 of the 4 home teams lost.

Eagles vs Cardinals...Man I want to pick the Cardinals. I like the Cardinals, which is a sin since I am a 49er fan and should hate teams from the same Division. But Fantasy football takes that hate away if you play long enough. You begin to root for individuals and not so much worry about the teams...free agency has affected this also. I remember the good old days when players rarely switched teams and you could come to hate the players as much as the colors they wore. That being said, I hate the Seahawks from the Division so I'm not a total lost cause.

So where was I? Oh yeah, I want to pick the Cardinals. Their defense has shut down two very good running teams, Atlanta and Carolina. Carolina was impressive, the most impressive win in the Post Season I think. First they traveled to the East Coast, where they hadn't won all year. Second they moved the ball well and scored often. Third and most important their defense was dominate. They had 6 turnovers and held the #4 running offense to nothing.

So why am I hesitant? Donovan McNabb. Plain and simple, he is willing this team to wins. Their number 1 horse, Westbrook has been close to nonexistant in the playoffs, but McNabb has been lights out. He has a chip the size of Philadelphia on his shoulder since he was benched earlier this season and he's been lights out since then. Their defense has been impressive also, and they pressure the Quarterback like no other team in the NFC. So the final pick, the Eagles. I won't be surprised if Arizona wins, and I am rooting for them but...give me the Eagles(by 10).



I'll post AFC in a few...

No comments: